The Afya Foundation has a proven track record, with the support of its expansive gift-in-kind donor network, to serve as a first responder activating relief during health-related crises, natural and humanitarian disasters worldwide.
We accomplish this by:
1. Conducting needs assessments with on the ground health care providers to ensure supplies shipped are vitally needed
2. Expediting shipments of medical supplies and humanitarian provisions to effected areas in times of disaster
We have proven successful engagement and partnerships with state, national and federal governments, the U.N. and foreign dignitaries to ensure shipments of supplies and materials are efficiently delivered to where they are needed most.
SYRIAN REFUGEE CRISIS-MEDICAL SUPPLY DISTRIBUTION PROGRESS/PLAN
Afya has shipped a total of 128,000 pounds of medical supplies and equipment valued at over $1.2 million to health care providers/sites in Lesvos and throughout the Middle East with all sites offering access to care and medical treatment for refugees.
With partner assistance, Afya can deliver a pallet of supplies to frontline healthcare providers for only $1000. The inventory of each pallet is valued at over $20,000.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
1. Donate Funds: We need financial contributions to collect and ship thousands of pounds of supplies to the hospital in Lesvos, Greece and Refugee Camps in the Middle East. A donation of $1000 helps us to send $20,000 in inventory abroad.
To donate, click here https://afyafoundation.org/make-a-donation/#gf_11
2. Donate Time: Come to our warehouse in Yonkers, NY to help sort and pack supplies.
3. Donate Supplies: Afya needs humanitarian supplies collected and mailed/delivered to the warehouse.
Supplies needed include:
Individual Hand Sanitizer
Pen Lights, Rain-boots
Hats and Blankets
Soap, School Supplies
For additional information on the sites we are supporting, please click on links below:
For additional information, please contact: email@example.com