Boxes for Life
Are you are looking for a meaningful service project this holiday season?
Boxes for Life is a group service project in which volunteers sort, count, bag, and label assorted medical supplies such as gloves, gauze, and tape in your own location! It is a great opportunity for families, organizations & clubs, companies with CSR programs, and many other groups to learn about altruism and give back to their community.
The material you sort will be delivered by Afya to healthcare facilities impacted by Covid-19.
The sorting process can take place anywhere – in your home, organization, company, club or houses of worship. Children as young as 4 years old can sort material.
You can spend a few hours or a few days on sorting, depending on how many boxes you take!
Note that you must be in the tri-state area to participate.
Here is how you can begin volunteering with Boxes for Life!
- Download and review the Info & FAQ document here.
- Decide how much time you want to spend sorting, from 2 hours to multiple days. This will inform how many boxes you take!
- Reach out to the Volunteer Coordinator Mary Grace at email@example.com to schedule both pick up and drop off of the boxes from the Afya warehouse.
- You may have the boxes for one week and must schedule the pick up and drop off dates one week apart.
- Donate $250 on this page. This donation support our capacity to deliver these boxes to healthcare facilities in need.
- Register and sign up on our online volunteer portal, complete waiver and record the number of service hours you complete.
- Pick up your boxes from the Afya warehouse.
- Watch this video on our YouTube channel to learn how to sort properly. Written instructions are also provided, and a Zoom video call can be scheduled if need be.
- Sort the boxes!
- Take pictures & videos of your family or group sorting & post them on social media!
- Return the completed boxes to the Afya warehouse.