Boxes for Life is a group service project in which volunteers sort, count, bag, and label assorted medical supplies such as gloves, gauze, and tape in your own location! It is a great opportunity for families, organizations & clubs, companies & businesses, and many other groups to learn about altruism and give back to their community. The material you sort will be delivered by Afya to healthcare facilities impacted by Covid-19.
The sorting process can take place anywhere – in your home, organization, company, club or houses of worship. Children as young as 4 years old can sort material. You can spend a few hours or a few days on sorting, depending on how many boxes you take! Note that you must be in the tri-state area to participate.
Here is how you can begin volunteering with Boxes for Life!
- Download and review the Info & FAQ document here.
- Decide how much time you want to spend sorting, from 2 hours to multiple days. This will inform how many boxes you take!
- Reach out to the Volunteer Coordinator Mary Grace at email@example.com to schedule both pick up and drop off of the boxes from the Afya warehouse.
- You may have the boxes for one week and must schedule the pick up and drop off dates one week apart.
- Donate $250 using the donation form below. This donation supports our capacity to deliver these boxes to healthcare facilities in need.
- Register and sign up on our online volunteer portal, complete waiver and record the number of service hours you complete.
- Pick up your boxes from the Afya warehouse.
- Watch this video on our YouTube channel to learn how to sort properly. Written instructions are also provided, and a Zoom video call can be scheduled if need be.
- Sort the boxes!
- Take pictures & videos of your family or group sorting & post them on social media!
- Return the completed boxes to the Afya warehouse.
Help us help those on the frontline, fighting for the most vulnerable